Profiles & ComponentsProfiles & Components

History Ferd. Wagner GmbH

Founded more than 160 years ago as a supplier of semi-finished products for the jewelry industry, the company Ferd. Wagner in Pforzheim had always succeeded in adapting itself to constant market changes and had developed into a quality supplier of precision metal products.

It was back in 1849 that Ferdinand Wagner laid the foundation stone for future success. As a simple craft company, the steel engraver and his employees in the so-called “Estamperie-Anstalt” made semi-finished products for the Pforzheimer jewelry industry. The family company soon made a name for itself in this sector.

From the sixties on the company focused on the manufacture of precision profiles for a wide range of applications and the production of high-quality components, mainly for the spectacle and writing utensil sectors.

It was in the seventies when the company successfully made the leap from Europe to Asia. Through its distribution company Ferd. Wagner Far East Ltd., with establishments in Hong Kong, the division is well represented today in the Asian market.

Since 2008, Ferd. Wagner has been owned by the Zapp Group, 2013 it was merged with Zapp Precision Metals GmbH and named under division FERD. WAGNER PROFILE